Beheira is considered to be the second biggest governorate in Egypt and enjoys an important strategic location.
From the East: Rosetta – Nile branch From the West: Alexandria & Matroh.
From the North: Mediterranean Sea. From the South: Monofia & Giza.
Information About Beheira
- Beheira Area: 9122 KM2.
- Population: 5.3 Million capita.
- Inhabited Urban Area: 405 KM2.
- Inhabited Rural Area: 5385 KM2.
- Desert Area: 3332 KM2.
- Administrative Districts: 15 districts / Marakaz.
- Municipality Units: 91 units.
- Omodias: 546 Omodia. “Omodia is bigger than municipality unit and smaller than the village”
- Villages: 6257 villages.